I mentioned that I think I lost my oxygen mask. I’m not sure exactly when but I noticed that I started to get overextended which is a common theme in my life it seems. Here’s a little of what I was involved in and I wrote it down on my mirror.
- Condo Board Member
- West End Business Association Board Member
- Dream Queen Board Member
- Path for Her Board Member
- Arlington Chamber Member
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy Committee Member
- YPP Circles Leader
- Charles Houston Recreation Center Committee Member
- Blue 16 Media
- Podcast Host
- Dog dad 🙂
- Other smaller projects I’m working on
This was in addition to having 7 team members and of course working with clients. In other words, just a tad bit overextended. The one thing that I never assumed was that as I became more and more active, I would have to say “no” even more.
I’m in the process of scaling back many of these responsibilities or in other words reapplying my oxygen mask. First I had to look for it an now I’m putting it back on.